My favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie will always be the Original Tollhouse Recipe, but my Husband and Son like soft chewy cookies. So… I found this recipe at Allrecipes.com. It’s great for those on a diet as the cookie dough isn’t very palatable. (I usually like the raw dough just as much as the cooked cookie… Maybe even more so.)
Original Recipe Yield 2 dozen
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips and or other goodies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended.
2. Stir in the chocolate chips, or your choice of additions.
3. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven. Bake less for chewy cookies and more for crispy cookies.
5. Allow the cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
My Cookie Monster!