My Version of the Coffee Filter Wreath

I scoured blog land for a different version of the coffee filter wreath. If you have a post on your blog about how to make one… I’ve almost certainly read it.

Coffee Filter Wreath

I was looking for something a little less abstract to fit in better with the way I like to decorate. I took a little from here and there, but finally found one that I loved. I didn’t find it on a blog, so there was no tutorial. I just had to wing it.

Coffee Filter Wreath

It wasn’t a quick project. It took me about three days.

Coffee Filter Wreath

I think I burned all my finger tips off… I used an entire package of glue sticks plus a few.

Coffee Filter Wreath

I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. I just wish the hole in the center was bigger. I may go back and tweak that a little bit. And I need a new ribbon.

In case you want to try one…

Coffee Filter Wreath

Start with regular basket coffee filters.

Coffee Filter Wreath

Cut them in various funky shapes… Whatever you like. They don’t look so great here, but it really doesn’t matter.

Coffee Filter Wreath

For each shape cut them into three sizes to make your flower. I used two coffee filters of each size for each “flower.”

Coffee Filter Wreath

Scrunch up two filters of the smallest size and shape like a flower with a point at the bottom.

Coffee Filter Wreath

Poke a hole through the center of the medium and larger sizes with a pencil.

You are going to pull the pointy part of the smallest coffee filters through the hole in the two medium ones.

Coffee Filter Wreath

Shape it as one unit as you did to the smallest ones. Once it’s shaped, you will pull it through the two large coffee filters the same way. And then shape again.

Coffee Filter Wreath

Your flower is ready to hot glue onto your wreath base.

Coffee Filter Wreath

I glued them N S E W and then continued that way to fill in the gaps. I used two packages of basket filters.

Coffee Filter Wreath

Once your wreath is pretty full, you can start with all the filler flowers which are made with the cone shaped coffee filters.

I made my own template for the little flowers.

Coffee Filter Wreath

I put two together and staggered the petals. I then glued a small piece of pipe cleaner to the bottom.

Coffee Filter Wreath

I bunched three together at a time and covered the pipe cleaners with leaves.

Coffee Filter Wreath

For the roses, I followed the instructions and the got the templates from Martha Stewart. They can be found here.

Coffee Filter Wreath

Once it was done, I embellished it with pearl stamens, rhinestones, and the bird. It was very easy… Just time consuming.

Have fun!

15 Comments

1. March 18, 2011 / 5:27 PM

You are so talented! I love this wreath!

2. March 18, 2011 / 10:40 AM

I'm speechless!!! I can't believe this beauty is from something so simple as a coffee filter! Wow!!!!!!My Friday's Link:My Handmade Lighthouse Dolphin ShelfI do hope you'll find time to stop by for a visit with me. Have a super weekend!!!

3. March 18, 2011 / 3:25 AM

Oh this is my favorite Coffee Filter wreath by far!! I love the different shapes and flowers you created!!

4. March 15, 2011 / 8:24 PM

I love this, too. I hope you post a tutorial soon! It is beautiful!

5. March 15, 2011 / 6:00 AM

Cute! I think I'll add it to my "To-Do"list! I'm now a follower from Debbiedoo's.Melanieyoumadethat.blogspot.com

6. March 15, 2011 / 1:35 AM

That wreath is fabulous! I think I'll try it out for some festive flair in Brambly's kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration!Ann-Marie

7. March 15, 2011 / 1:21 AM

Oh it is beautiful! I'd love to make one, but I'm afraid I don't have the patience. laurie

8. March 14, 2011 / 8:15 PM

This is absolutely beautiful! I, too, would love to learn how you did it. I am going to be your follower and be on the look out for a tutorial. Thanks

9. March 14, 2011 / 5:49 PM

I would love to see how you did this! It is beautiful! I am your newest follower! Would love for you to follow me too!dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

10. March 14, 2011 / 4:38 PM

Found you when you left a link to this post on my blog. This wreath is really pretty. What did you do so differently that it looks like this? Go ahead and make another one, burn more fingers, and take some pics! LOL Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a message anytime. :-)~ Sue

11. March 14, 2011 / 1:28 PM

That wreath is really amazing. I would love to have a tutorial. I found you over at Debbie's. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at http://www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

12. March 14, 2011 / 1:14 PM

Hi Karen!! THank you so much for visiting and following my blog!! I am following you too and I HAVE to bookmark this blog!! I would LOVE to know how you made that wreath! I've seen book paper wreaths, but yours looks like roses!! I can't wait to hear the answer!You are awesome! Can't wait to see more!xxDaniella

13. March 14, 2011 / 3:57 AM

So glad you found my party. This is an awesome project. A tutorial would be great! I do not see a follow option anywhere? Did it disappear, or you just don't have one.Enjoy…see you again soon.

14. March 14, 2011 / 3:45 AM

I would love to hear a tutorial, If I did not know it was coffee filters I would have thought it was fine art from some fancy store!! Great job! I found you at Debbie Doos, I am your newest follower, hope you can visit and follow me back.Carol

Leave a comment. I'd love to know what you're thinking!